The Spam Diaries

News and musings about the fight against spam.
 by Edward Falk

Thursday, June 08, 2006

New "Job recruitment" spam

Latest spam to cross my desk:

OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
THE Hilton Hotel, London, is offering employment opportunity to Men and
Women around the world ho can work and live here in Hilton Hotel, London.

To receive full employment/ information package, please contact us on
E-Mail m.h.grayson@hotelhillton.com

Thank you.

Hilton Hotel, London.
225 Edgware Road, London,
United Kingdom. W2 1JU


It's not clear yet whether this is some sort of phishing attempt or an advanced fee fraud. My money is on advanced fee fraud. Let's be careful out there.

Update: The ratware used to send the spam has been identified as one which is a favorite among Nigerian scammers, so it's probably advanced fee fraud.

1 Comments:

Blogger my0p said...

Actually, I have seen job offering spam for at least a half a year now or so. It seems some firms in small countries such as Estonia offer such "jobs". I would call it Advance Fee fraud though I have thought of it being a variant of 419 as well. I think I have seen this actual spam you posted. Also, not recently, I have seen posts of such scams on the scam.com forum.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home