The Spam Diaries

News and musings about the fight against spam.
 by Edward Falk

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Don't use Front Page. Don't even have it on your system.

Received a one-two punch from spammers today. The first punch was when I tried to view a few web pages on my server and found them replaced with pages full of links, obviously placed there by link spammers.

I notified my ISP of the problem, and they informed me that the spammers had exploited a flaw in Microsoft's "Front Page" product. Wait, what? I don't even use Front Page. But it was on my web page account from the very beginning. I never even knew it was there.

Googling for «Front Page exploit» produced nearly two million results. Great. Thanks Bill. Another few hours of my life stolen by your crapware.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home