The Spam Diaries

News and musings about the fight against spam.
 by Edward Falk

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Fargo Forum and WDAY cover my case

At the request of my lawyers, I've refrained from discussing my lawsuits at this time. However at yesterday's jurisdiction hearing I was surprised to see TV cameras in the court room. I had been under the impression that the hearing would be closed, but apparently the local press thought otherwise. By the end of the evening, WDAY had covered it, and by the next day it was also in the Fargo Forum.

The coverage wasn't very deep, but frankly, how interesting can a jurisdiction squabble be? It all seems to hinge on whether or not my web site is "targeted" at North Dakota, and whether a traceroute packet that ends up in North Dakota constitutes my making contact with North Dakota.

More details later.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home